Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Review of Kramer vs Kramer

Oh Meryl, I love you so.  Why must you be the heart-less villain that needs to go "find herself?"  Seriously, why?
At least we have Dustin to rescue us from our mixed emotions.  He is so amazingly amazing in this movie.  Watching his roller coaster of emotions will squeeze all the love from your heart.  And his first attempt at making french toast will help you laugh through the tears.
I do not like when children are in perilous are generally unhappy situations.  Nope.  Not even a little.  This movie is as heart breaking as it is heart warming.  And the story unfolds very quickly.  I paused 16 minutes in to answer the phone (yeah, I know) and I was thinking, "wow, 16 minutes? but so much has happened already."  I streamed this on Netflix where it was listed as a "court room drama."  I don't agree with that label.  But I do agree with the "really great movie" label.
I laughed, I cried, I threw the remote.  Yes, these are the emotions that great acting from people like Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep provoke from me.
Watch this.
No, shut up. Just watch it.
I don't care if you think Meryl is super ugly. Watch it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment